The use of Social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, is increasing tremendously, projecting a new dimension to the means of communication. However, the risk involved in using these platforms cannot be detached and undermined in the shadow of their increasing popularity.
Realizing its potential and the associated risk, the UAE government issued several guidelines that stipulate how these platforms should and should not be used. Legal Maxims is known for its reliable legal services in Dubai. Our in-house consultant highlights some of the important rules UAE residents need to follow while posting, sharing, or messaging to avoid any fines or penalties.
Social Media Rules
- Distribution or publication of pictures without someone’s prior consent is an offensive act.
- Posting personal details of an individual or disclosing the company’s confidential information without consent is not acceptable behavior.
- Posting derogatory statements, spreading rumors to defame others or public humiliation on social media platforms is an offense. We provide legal services in Dubai.
- Use of illegal communication services, applications, and video broadcasting functions without approval.
- Insulting the Islamic or any other religion sanctions and rituals is not tolerable and can amount to heavy fines and punishment.
- Post, images or videos that are against the norms and values of Islam is prohibitory.
Similarly, UAE specifies various other Cybersecurity laws. So, make sure to follow those rules. Consult relevant authority that provides legal services in Dubai to get a clear picture on Cyber laws.
Our high end experienced in-house local and foreign legal consultant can assist and provide reliable legal services in Dubai. Contact us for consultation.