A Trademark is an integral part of Your BRAND IDENTITY!!!
Trademark is a name, word, signature, letters, figures, graphics, logos, titles, hallmarks, seals, pictures, patterns, engravings, advertisements, drawings, announcements, packs or any other marks or a combination of the aforesaid that distinguishes a product or service from the products or services provided by third parties.
The Trademark Law aims to prevent confusion among consumers as to who provides a particular service or product, or who is associated with that service or product. Therefore, trademark registration is the inevitable part for your business in the UAE or anywhere you operate your business. As a business owner, you should take prompt steps to protect your trademark from being registered by other businesses or your competitors.
Legal Maxims is the best trademark consultant in UAE, as we have registered thousands of trademarks in UAE and across the world for more than 15 years. Our expert lawyers will guide you appropriately and will provide you with all the paperwork which will help to take hours of labor off your shoulders.
If you’re establishing or planning to establish an international business, we recommend that you register your trademark in each jurisdiction where it will be used. Legal Maxims, with its Offices and Associate Offices across the world, can help you to file your trademark anywhere in the world.
Register your trademarks in the UAE!!
Benefits of Trademark Registration in UAE:
- Exclusive Legal Rights
- Authority to Use the Symbol ®
- Registration Validates it as an Asset
- Protection against others registering identical or similar trademarksRight to take Prompt and Rigorous Legal ActionsAdds a commercial value to the trade name or products/services
- Easy access to the overseas market
- Serves as a constructive notice to your competitors
- Better and Greater recognition and profitability
How to Register a Trademark in the UAE?
Registration process is quite simple and can be done online through the Ministry of Economy website. Here are the steps for registering a trademark in the UAE.
- All application for UAE trademark registration must be filed at the website of Ministry of Economy. Our experts will assist you with the document preparation, application submission, legal translations, and other necessary formalities involved.
- Pay the required fees for the initial approval of the application form.
- Decision on the trademark application will be rendered within 30 days.
- If your application is approved, it is required to be published in the Ministry of Economy bulletin and also in two Arabic newspapers at the expense of the Applicant.
- Anyone who has an objection over the application can submit it in a written form to the Ministry within 30 days from the date of announcement. Upon receiving the objection letter, the Ministry notifies about the same to the Applicant within 15 days.
- If no objections are raised, the trademark registration gets finalized and the certificate of registration will be issued to you. Trademark registration in the UAE is valid for 10 years. After that, it needs to be renewed.
Our Role in Trademark Registration in UAE
Legal Maxims is the best trademark consultant in the UAE, and our experience is unmatched with respect to registering trademarks and also in protecting your trademarks from being counterfeited. Legal Maxims have successfully obtained trademarks for more than 2000 companies.
Our Services include:
- Trademark Registration
- Assignment of Trademark
- Licensing Agreements
- Enforcement of Trademark Rights
- Domain Names & Litigation/Arbitration
- Anti-Counterfeiting Measures
- Trademark Litigation
Some of the trademarks that we have filed are provided below for your perusal.