DUBAI CREATIVE CLUSTERS AUTHORITY (DCCA)
Dubai Creative Cluster Authority (DCCA), formerly known as the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA), was launched in the year 2000 to establish Dubai as a worldwide hub for knowledge-based industries such as media, IT, fashion, movie & production, science & technology.
The DCCA regulates 7 industries out of 9 free zones. It is home to more than 4,500 companies and about 70,000 people presently working in the free zones. DCCA is responsible for developing and implementing regulations which are in line with the global standards so that its companies can operate effectively in the free zones.
DCCA’s free zone is divided into 4 clusters:
- The information and communication cluster
- The media cluster
- The sciences cluster
- The education cluster
There are 9 free zones in DCCA namely:
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Media City
- Dubai Knowledge Park (previously known as Dubai Knowledge Village)
- Dubai Studio City
- Dubai Design District
- Dubai Outsource City (formerly, Dubai Outsource Zone)
- Dubai Production City (formerly, Dubai International Media Production Zone)
- Dubai International Academic City
- Dubai Science Park (formerly, Energy & Environment Park (EnPark) and Dubai Biotechnology & Research Park (DuBiotech))
Besides other interesting features, here are the benefits of setting up a business in DCCA
- 100% foreign ownership
- 50-year exemption from personal income and corporate taxes
- Exemption from customs duty
- Full repatriation of capital and profits
- Convenient proximity to Dubai’s world-class airport, seaports, and major motorways
- Easy access to high-end residential accommodation
- Customized real-estate options to suit your organizational needs
Types of Entities Allowed in DCCA are as follows:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC): This can be formed as a separate legal entity with individuals and/or corporate organisations as shareholders.
- Branch of a Foreign/UAE Company: A branch is not a legal entity separate from the parent company but it is considered as a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company.
- Freelancing: DCCA allows an individual to operate as a freelance professional and enables him/her to conduct the business in the name as written on the identification document such as an international passport.
Types of Licenses issued by DCCA
- Free Zone Limited Liability Companies Licenses under the Publishing Segment
- Licenses under the Broadcasting TV and Radio Segments
- Licenses under the Food Segment
- Licenses under the Storage Activity Segment
- Licenses under the Manufacturing and Productivity Segment
- Licenses under the Higher Education Provider Segment
Benefits of Setting up a company in DCCA
DCCA is the location of many renowned businesses such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, CNN, Dow Jones, Adidas, Chanel and Christian Louboutin. If an entrepreneur desires to start a business in any of the freezones under the DCCA, it gives them the opportunity to work alongside industry giants. Other benefits include:
Cluster working environment